2021 Virtual Conference
The Michigan Medicine Child Protection Team welcomes you to the 39th Annual Michigan Statewide Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect: Prevention, Assessment, and Treatment on October 18 and 19, 2021.
This two half-day virtual conference features noted national and Michigan experts who will address a range of topics in the field of child abuse prevention, assessment, and treatment. Each day will consist of one 90-minute keynote and two 75-minute presentations.
Using past conference evaluations and topic suggestions, the goal is for conference participants to gain knowledge about practice in the field of child abuse throughout the conference and be able to apply this knowledge to their work.
The conference is designed for prevention specialists, social workers, child welfare professionals (Children’s Protective Services, Foster Care, Adoption), juvenile justice services, physicians, nurses, mental health and other medical professionals, attorneys, law enforcement; child advocacy professionals, and educators. Community members are also welcome to attend.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will understand and be able to implement:
- Recent advances in the field and applications to practice.
- Improved recognition of the symptoms of abused and neglected children in complex presentations.
- Improved recognition of the source of child behavior when children are abused and neglected.
- Successful intervention and treatment plans for children.
- Successful prevention models in child abuse and neglect.
Conference Presentations will be posted for download as they become available.
We look forward to seeing you online in October 2021.
Michigan Medicine Child Protection Team